Less than 5% of UK Households have a Fire Escape PlanDecember 10, 2018
Millions face fire risk sleeping with Christmas lights onDecember 19, 2018
The festive period is usually jam-packed full of things to do, however, CAVIUS want to encourage everyone to make sure they put fire safety at the top of their ‘to do’ list this year. CAVIUS have put together a list of festive tips to ensure fire safety is not overlooked this festive season.
Festive Fire Hazard Top Tips:
- Double check your lights and sockets! Ensure that your lights are in good working condition, double check the wires, bulbs and more importantly don’t overload your sockets.
- If you’re turning in for the night or leaving the house, make sure you switch all your Christmas lights off at the main power source.
- If you like the warm and romantic feel of candles at Christmas make sure you don’t light them near to Christmas trees or any decorations and furnishings. More importantly, make sure you don’t leave them burning and unattended.
- Lighters and matches should be out of reach of children.
- Cooking Christmas Dinner? Make sure your family join you in the kitchen! Never leave hobs or ovens unattended.
- If you have plenty of family and friends congregating at one house, make sure you are considerate when parking. The emergency services continue to work on Christmas day.
- Tell your friends about your Fire Escape Plan! If you don’t have one, read our blog & make sure you draft something for Christmas. Keep exits clear and keys for cars to hand if you need get out quickly and make space.
- If you or your guests smoke, make sure you extinguish cigarettes fully.
- Fireworks are a lovely surprise during the festive period, make sure you follow instructions if you are planning on using them.
- Test your smoke alarms and spread some kindness and care by helping elderly neighbours or friends test theirs.
- Finally, if you have no idea what to buy someone for Christmas, why not get them a CAVIUS Smoke Alarm.
You can purchase the CAVIUS Wireless Photoelectric Smoke Alarm and Wireless Thermal Heat Alarm, here.
For more information on our safety products, click here.
If it is not too early, Merry Christmas!
To speak to our team, call: 0330 999 0019