Smoke alarms are one of the most essential accessories your home will ever need, but are often the last thing you think about! You spend thousands of pounds buying or designing and building your dream home and then, reluctantly, install large and unsightly smoke alarms throughout – well, not any more!
THE CAVIUS PHOTOELECTRIC SMOKE ALARM
The Danish-designed CAVIUS Photoelectric Smoke Alarm is a welcome change to the traditionally large and unsightly smoke alarms we have had for years. Using all the recommended technologies from the global fire services, it offers early detection of a home fire with a loud piercing audio alert when smoke is detected and it just looks great! Being so small and aesthetically pleasing you don’t mind placing it where it will work best – right in the centre of the room.
Don’t forget about our Thermal Heat Alarm – designed to detect fast, flaming fires in the areas not suitable to install smoke alarms such as kitchens, garages, workshops, or laundries.
The CAVIUS 40mm alarms come fitted with a 10 year long-life battery. Once they are installed with the unique and simple “Smart Clip” ceiling mechanism, the battery is activated. They have an audio alert output of 85dB(A) at 3 metres, generating a piercing alarm designed to wake you from your sleep.
CAVIUS devices have a 30 day low battery warning, increasing your
chances of identifying that your smoke alarms need to be replaced.
The intelligent multi function side button is the device’s test function; which unlike other smoke alarm brands, when the CAVIUS test button is pressed the audible and visible indicators are activated if the sensor is working properly. The intelligent button also functions as a hush button; during alarm, when pressed it will put the unit to sleep and the device will automatically reactivate after 10 minutes, allowing you time to clear the air. The side button contains an LED and emits a regular, dim low light flash to let you know the device is active and operating.
CAVIUS uses the highly recommended photoelectric technology which reduces false alarms considerably, yet provides the earliest detection of smoke presence. All of our alarms are 100% tested in world leader AWT’s tested tunnels.
Aesthetically pleasing CAVIUS alarms suit any new home, refurbishment and areas of your home like the bedrooms, lounge and hallway where you want your alarm to be almost invisible. With a 10 Year long-life battery included, there is a lot to love about such a miniature alarm.
- 10 year long life battery (sealed)
- A penetrating sound at 85dB at 3 metres
- Intelligent test and 10 minute hush button
- 30 day low battery warning
- Unique smart clip ceiling mechanism
- Easy installation
- Environmentally friendly
- Sensor type: Photoelectric/Optical smoke detection
- Battery: Lithium CR123A 3V, 1600mAh
- Sound level: 85 dB at 3 metres
- Optimal temperature of function: +4 – +38C
- Maximum humidity: +95% Rh non-condensing
- Isotope activity: Absence of radioactive substances
- Detection timing: Optical reading every 8 seconds, when in alarm stage the optical reading is every 2 seconds
REPLACING AN OLD SMOKE ALARM?
Change your smoke alarm, not your battery
A smoke alarm should be one of the most essential additions to your home. The Fire and Rescue Services attended 30,340 primary dwelling fires in houses, bungalows and flats in England and Wales during 2017, with the highest proportion of fatalities occurring when there was no smoke alarm or no working smoke alarm present. The CAVIUS Smoke Alarm has you covered for 10 years and won’t become an eyesore in your home.
DON'T FORGET THE KITCHEN
Never put a smoke alarm in the kitchen
You should never put a smoke alarm in the kitchen regardless of the type of alarm. Over time airborne cooking fats block any smoke alarm and prevent smoke from entering the sensing chamber, naturally impairing performance and function. Now there is a product for the direct kitchen area, the CAVIUS Thermal Heat alarm, for the fastest detection of flaming kitchen fires. Check out our Thermal Heat alarm.
NEW HOME NOT NEW BUILD?
Protect your family
If you have moved into a new home, one of the first things you should do is check the smoke alarms.
If you need to install smoke alarms or the existing alarms have expired, the minimum protection you should have in your home is two Photoelectric Smoke Alarms and one Thermal Heat Alarm, all with long-life batteries.
OTHER CAVIUS SMOKE ALARMS
Mains Powered Photoelectric Smoke Alarm (Wireless Family)
- New Radio Frequency technology with the ability to connect up to 32 alarms
- 5 Year long-life battery backup (replaceable)
- A penetrating sound at 85 dB(A) at 3 metres
- An easy and wide 10-minute hush and test button
- Green ‘Power On’ LED light as a visible indicator and ensure connection to the mains power supply
- Ability to work as a lamp outlet or lamp hook, to avoid an extra spot on the ceiling
- 30-day low battery alert
- 5 Year Warranty
- EN 14604: 2005, EN 60065 & EN 300-200 certified
Photoelectric Smoke Alarm (Wireless Family)
- 5 Year long-life battery (replaceable)
- New Radio Frequency technology with the ability to connect up to 32 Wireless alarms
- A penetrating sound at 85 dB(A) at 3 metres
- An easy and wide 10 minute hush and test button
- 30 day low battery alert
- Easy installation with the unique smart-clip ceiling mechanism
- EN60065 certified
- Also connects with CAVIUS Wireless Family Smoke Alarms
- EN 14604: 2005, EN60065 & CE 0333 certified