It is the beginning of another year and the UK winter is only just starting to kick in properly. With temperatures dropping quickly it is only normal for us to make sure our homes are warm and cosy and ensure that daily chores are done without much hassle. However, winter in the UK is also a time where fire safety can be overlooked, therefore we want to remind you of some simple tips to keep your family and home safe this winter.
Here are our top tips:
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from heaters.
- Have a three feet ‘kid free zone’ around space heaters and open fires.
- Never try to use your oven to heat your home.
- Make sure you are using the right type of fuel for fuel burning space heaters.
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month.
- Remember to switch portable heaters off when leaving the room for prolonged periods.
- Invest in a fire screen for your fireplace, this will prevent sparks from flying across the room.
- If you are using a tumble dryer to dry clothes, make sure you clean the filters and never leave the house with it on.
- Never use hot water bottles in the same bed as an electric blanket, even if the blanket is switched off.
- Make sure you have a chimney sweep to keep your chimney in good working condition.
Most importantly, if you haven’t fitted any smoke alarms into your home, make sure you install them before it is too late.
You can purchase the CAVIUS products, here.
For more information on our safety products, click here.
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
To speak to our team, call: 0330 999 0019